When it comes to delicious roasted peppers, these Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers are just the ticket. Not only are they easy to make but they are perfect in so many different applications.
We like to use roasted peppers to flavor so many of our favorite dishes. They are perfect when it comes to making salads, hummus, soups, sauces or even just using them as snacks. Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers are great to make during the summer too as they help to avoid making the house too hot. No matter the reason you choose to make these, you are sure to be impressed. They are so easy anyone can make them, and they are done in what seems like no time.
These peppers are tender and bursting with flavor. You are sure to want to make them over and over again, no matter what the season or your reason.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it is super simple to put together and requires very little when it comes to ingredients. Whether you are making them to add to a different recipe or simply want to snack on some tender and flavorful peppers, you will be quite pleased with the result.
- When making this recipe you will need 4 medium large bell peppers. It doesn’t matter what color you choose as they all have similar flavor. Use the ones you like best.
- This recipe makes 8 bell pepper halves, if you need more than that you will want to double the recipe.
- Rinse and pat dry your bell peppers before you get started. You will also want to cut off the stem and slice them in half, starting from top to bottom.
- Slice out the pith and remove the seeds, doing the same with each pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the oil, salt and pepper until they become well combined.
- Place one or two pepper halves into the bowl with your oil mixture. We like to use a brush to coat the outside and inside of the pepper half.
- Once coated in oil, place in the tray of your air fryer upside down and repeat with the rest of the peppers until your tray is full.
- If you have a smaller air fryer you may need to do the peppers in batches. Do not overload the tray.
- Air fry your peppers at 390F for 8 minutes. Once time has elapsed, carefully open your air fryer and flip the halves over. Set the temperature back to 390 and cook for another 7 minutes.
- When the 7-minute timer goes off, check your peppers. You want them to be soft and have some blacked spots.
- When your bell peppers are done, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool before using them. If you choose to peel away the outer layer, do this while they are still warm, if not, leave it on and allow them to cool.
- If you are using the peppers at a later date, allow them to come to room temperature before transferring them to an airtight container or jar.
- Store these peppers in the fridge until they are ready to use. They usually stay fresh for about a week.
What Can I Make with Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers?
These roasted peppers can be used in so many different recipes. The beauty is that they are easy to prepare and store for use anytime. We like to use them in the following ways:
- In pasta sauces
- As a pizza topper
- In a salad
- As an add in for hummus
- With chicken fajitas
- In Sandwiches
- In soups
- And more!
Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers
Air Fryer Roasted Bell Peppers
- 4 medium large bell peppers any color desired
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper adjust to taste
- Rinse and pat dry the bell peppers. Cur off stem then slice pepper in half starting from the top to bottom. Slice off the pith with the seeds and set aside to continue doing the same with each pepper. In a large bowl combine the oil, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Place one or two pepper halves into the bowl with the oil mixture and use a spoon or a brush to coat both the inside and outside of the bell pepper half. Then place in the air fryer tray upside down. Repeat until you have enough bell peppers to fit your air fryer’s tray. Depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do it in batches.
- Air fry the peppers at 390F for 8 minutes. Once the time is up careful open the air fryer and flip the halves over. Set temperature to 390F and time to 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes are up open the tray and check on your peppers. They should be soft and have some browned or blackened spots.
- Remove from air fryer and allow to cool before using. You can peel away the browned outer layer or leave it on. If using later, you can allow the peppers to come to room temperature then store in a jar or airtight container. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. They’ll stay fresh for about a week. As the peppers sit, they’ll release some juices and oil. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.