If you LOVE bread pudding, you are going to die when you taste this! Unlike traditional bread pudding, this Croissant Bread Pudding has the richest, butteriest, most delicious texture. And, the caramel flavored syrup is liquid heaven!
For the longest time, my husband made fun of me for liking bread pudding. He just could not understand what was so delicious about “soggy bread”. Needless to say, all of that changed when we went to a super fancy restaurant in town and I happened to order the most delicious Bread Pudding I have ever tasted.
Being the girl/wife that I am, I forced my husband to try it, and try it he did. I have never seen my husband eat his words as fast as he ate my delicious Croissant Bread Pudding! He literally could not believe that bread pudding could be that delicious.
One of the thing that made this bread pudding so delicious was the fact that it was made with croissants! The buttery flakiness of the croissants completely changed this dish in more ways then I could have imagined! I have made bread pudding a million times with all sorts of things like french bread and Panettone Bread, but it never even crossed my mind to use something as soft as a croissant!
The second thing was the amazing was the caramel flavored syrup. This was like nothing I ever tasted and definitely not something out of a bottle. It was the perfect compliment to an already perfect dish.
The only thing I did not like about the heavenly Croissant Bread Pudding was the price tag attached to it. At one of the nicest places in town, you can already imagine what our bill looked like! We never go out to places like that except for once or twice a year! I went home on a mission to create a copy cat recipe and with a little determination, I finally did it!
I can guarantee you, once you try this you will understand why it’s so crave worthy! I promise you, if you make this as a holiday breakfast or dessert, your guests will be begging you for the recipe!
Croissant Bread Pudding
- 4-5 croissants
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 cups milk or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream 35%
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Grease a small oven-safe casserole dish.
- Chop up croissants and place in dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and salt until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants, covering completely.
- Bake until pudding has puffed up and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40-50 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is in the final stretch of cooking, combine all sauce ingredients except vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spoon warm pudding into individual dessert dishes; serve with sauce.