First let me say if you like dill and mushroom this is the soup for you! I wish I had a picture to post but we ate it so quickly that I forgot, I will add it when I make it again! I really really liked this soup and can honestly say I probably ate the whop pot! If you make it before me feel free to add your picture here! Let me know what you think!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute the onions in the butter for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the milk and flour together. Pour this into the soup and stir well to blend. Cover and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally
- Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice, parsley and sour cream. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Serve immediately.