A delicious and hearty meal does not have to be complicated to make. In fact, this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup proves just that. Not only is it yummy, but it is perfect for those chilly winter days. And, it’s a great spin on traditional buffalo wings!
Take the fuss out of family mealtimes by making this yummy soup. Not only does it have the traditional flavors of your favorite chicken wing dish, but it can be made spicier (or less spicy) to accommodate the unique tastebuds of your family. This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup is sure to change the dinner game in your house this year.
Get ready to enjoy this comforting and filling soup in an instant at home. Face it, days get busy and having this recipe on hand will take the fuss out of mealtimes. In fact, this soup is even great as leftovers for lunches or even dinner the next day. You can even garnish it with blue cheese and scallions to up the flavor profile.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
This recipe doesn’t take much in the way of time, effort or fancy ingredients. You can even use leftover chicken to make it if you wanted to. The aromas coming from your kitchen are sure to get everyone in your family hungry for dinner when you make this delicious recipe.
- To get started making this soup, you are going to need chicken of course. We like to use chicken breast diced up, but you are more than welcome to use leftover chicken to make this dish.
- This recipe calls for 1 ½ cups of hot sauce, but you can increase or reduce the amount to taste.
- To make this soup, we incorporate 2 envelopes of ranch dressing mix to bring down the heat a little. It creates a delicious and creamy flavor. You can omit this though if you want the primary flavor to remain as spicy as possible.
- Get cooking by melting 1 stick of butter in your Instant Pot. Once your butter has melted you can then add in your onions, celery, and carrots. You will want to sauté them until they begin to soften.
- Add your garlic powder, thyme and red pepper flakes to the mixture and allow it all to cook together for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add your diced chicken, hot sauce, half and half, and chicken stock to your Instant Pot.
- Allow your soup to come to a boil and whisk is the flour to thicken.
- Place the lid on top of your Instant Pot and set it manually to cook for 10 minutes. Allow your pot to naturally release for about 10 minutes and then release manually.
- Once fully release, take of the lid and add in the cream cheese, if you are opting to use the ranch dressing, add it in as well. Stir until well combined.
- Place your lid back on your Instant Pot and pressure cook for 1 minute.
- Serve into individual bowls and garnish with toppings of your choice.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup?
We like to serve this soup with a large piece of crusty bread for dipping, but there are other options as well. This soup would be great with a salad on the side, a piece of cornbread or even a sandwich.
What to Garnish Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup With?
There are several tasty options that you can choose to garnish your soup with. We like the following:
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Cheddar Cheese
The sky is the limit when it comes to garnishes for this delicious Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups baby carrots cut into 1/2” discs
- 3 cups celery diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cup boneless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cup hot sauce reduce this amount if you prefer milder.
- 1 cup half and half
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 2 envelopes ranch dressing mix optional If you prefer a milder soup.
- Melt 1 stick (8tbsp) of butter in Instant Pot.
- Once the butter has melted add the onions, celery and carrots. Sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic powder, thyme and red pepper flakes. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, hot sauce, half and half and chicken stock.
- Let soup come to a boil and whisk in flour.
- Put lid on instant pot and manually set to cook for 10 minutes. Let instant pot release naturally for 10 minutes and then release manually.
- Take lid off instant pot and add cream cheese. (you can also add in 2 envelopes of ranch dressing at this point if you want to mellow down the heat further.) Stir until combined. Place lid back on and pressure cook for 1 minute.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.