There is almost nothing more satisfying than a delicious bowl of Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans. An amazing thing about beans? They are easy but taste like you spent hours making them.
These black beans are really easy to make and don’t require an abundance of fancy ingredients. In fact, you probably have most of what is called for in the recipe in your pantry. The good news is that these Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans, can be made any night of the week, without taking a whole lot of time.
If you have never had these kinds of beans before, you are in for a treat. They are combined with the amazing flavors of fresh bell peppers, onions and yummy garlic to create a flavor explosion. No matter the reason, or the season you choose to make this recipe, you are sure to love it.
How to Make Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans
These delicious beans don’t require much fuss to get cooking. The fact that you are using an Instant Pot to cook them makes all the difference in how much time they take to come together.
- Before you start this recipe, you will want to ensure that you rinse and sort your dry black beans. This will help you to achieve optimal flavor.
- Once you are ready to begin seed your green bell pepper and dice it along with an onion.
- Mince your garlic and measure out your olive oil, water, stock, red wine vinegar and spices.
- Heat your electric pressure cooker. You will want to use the “sauté” function until it becomes “hot”.
- Add your olive oil, bell pepper and onion to the pot and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Once they have become soft, add in your minced garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the remaining ingredients into your pot and stir well to combine them.
- Cover your instant pot and set the valve to sealing. You will want to program the Instant Pot using the manual or pressure cook setting on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Once 25 minutes has elapsed, allow your instant pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and then release any addition pressure.
- If desired, you may remove one cup of the black beans and mash them with a fork, returning them to the instant pot. This will help to thicken the broth.
- Serve them up and Enjoy!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans?
These yummy black beans can be served up with several different flavor combinations. The sky is really the limit.
We suggest the following:
- Diced onion
- Diced tomatoes
- Chopped cilantro
- White rice
- Yellow rice
Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 16 ounce package dry black beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Heat the electric pressure cooker using the “saute” function until “hot.”
- Add the olive oil, bell pepper, and onion to the electric pressure cooker. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir in the garlic.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the electric pressure cooker and stir.
- Cover and set the valve to sealing. Program the electric pressure cooker using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting on high pressure for 25 minutes. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure.
- If desired, remove one cup of black beans and mash with a fork before returning the mashed beans to the electric pressure cooker.
- Serve diced onion, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, white rice, yellow rice, or your choice of toppings.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.