When it comes to fun dinner ideas, it can be difficult to conceptualize something delicious. This is where these Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs come in. Not only will they give you something creative to serve for dinner, but they are beyond yummy.
Meal planning is not an easy feat. Especially when you have to take your family’s likes and dislikes into account. The good news though, is that these Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs are a perfect addition to your meal plan. This is because they combine some really delicious flavors and have a yummy sauce to top them all off.
Not only is this dish simple to create, it will quickly become a family favorite, especially on busy weeknights. If you are looking for a recipe that your children will ask for over and over again, this is it. Crave worthy, simple and kid friendly. What more could you ask for?
How to Make Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
A few ingredients and a little bit of time will have this recipe on your table for your entire family to enjoy. Don’t forget to add a pinch of love.
- When creating this recipe, you are going to want to use skinless chicken thighs. You will need about 3 to 4 pounds of them.
- Before you start cooking, make sure that you season all the sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Seasoning your poultry is critical to flavor development, so do not skip this step.
- This recipe also calls for chicken stock. You can opt for the lower sodium kind If you prefer but it may alter the flavor profile a bit.
- Set your instant pot to sauté and preheat. Once it has gotten hot, add in your oil and place the chicken inside to sear. Each side should take about 3 minutes. Remember, do not overcrowd your instant pot. If you have to, brown the chicken in batches. Once it has been browned, remove it from the pot.
- Using the chicken stock, deglaze the bottom of the instant pot. Scrape it with a wooden spoon to remove any stuck-on pieces. Place the chicken back inside the instant pot.
- Mix together your honey and Dijon mustard, pouring it over the chicken.
- Cover the instant pot with the lid and seal. Start cooking your chicken on manual for 10 minutes. Once finished, perform a quick release of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken from your instant pot. If you feel the sauce should be thicker, turn the pot back on to sauté and whisk in a thickening agent like cornstarch and whisk until it has gotten denser.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
How Long do Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs Take to Cook?
One of the best things about this recipe is that it doesn’t take long to prepare, cook and serve. Using the Instant pot, you can cook your chicken thighs in less than 20 minutes, depending on the temperature. This recipe does not take long to create but it is delicious.
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 to 4 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum or 1 tablespoon cornstarch to thicken sauce if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Generously season all sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set pressure cooker to “saute.” When hot, add oil. Place the chicken in the oil and sear each side for 3 minutes or until the chicken releases from the pot. Keep chicken warm and repeat until all chicken is browned.
- Pour chicken stock into instant pot and scrape the bottom with a wooden spoon to remove the stuck on pieces. Arrange chicken thighs in the pressure cooker.
- Mix together honey and mustard and pour over chicken.
- Cover with the lid and set the valve to sealing. Cook on “pressure cook” or “manual” for 10 minutes. Use a quick release to release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken. If a thicker sauce is desired, you can switch the pressure cooker to saute mode and whisk in a thickening agent stirring until thickened.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.