If you love lasagna, like we do (now), but don’t love the time it takes in the oven, then you are going to love this Instant Pot Lasagna recipe! Not only does it take less time, but it is WAY easier than making it in the oven AND you don’t even have to heat up the house.
With a 5-year-old in my house, you know spaghetti is a favorite/weekly staple, but I get soooo tired of it. It’s to the point that I almost can’t stand it anymore. That’s why I love to finding alternative options that still keep my family eating without all of the complaining . This Instant Pot Lasagna is the perfect meal to swap for a spaghetti night without increasing the amount of effort you have to put in dinner.
I grew up on lasagna and my mom would take almost her entire day to get it ready. She used to have to boil the noodles and prep them in addition to making the other components for the lasagna before she could ever even assemble it. Her kitchen would be covered in lasagna preparations and SO MANY DISHES to clean. Then, she would cook it for quite a long time. Needless to say, it was a process for sure! While it was the most amazing lasagna ever, mostly because it was made with love, I just don’t have the time to make it the good old-fashioned way, like my mom did.
I don’t know about you, but we are just way to busy to spend an entire day on just one meal and the dishes to go with it. This Instant Pot Lasagna has come to rescue for my menu plan, and I am sure it will go on your menu soon too!
While there are the no boil noodles now, you still have to heat your oven for quite some time to get it cooked to perfection. However, with the Instant Pot Lasagna, you will be able to whip this up in a snap and keep your house cool this summer! I find that I cook less and less with my oven during these HOT days, which is why I LOVE using my Instant Pot so much.
We prefer using ground beef in our IP Lasgana, but you could easily substitute it for ground turkey as well. No matter which meat your choose, your family will be running to the dinner table when you make the Instant Pot Lasagna.
Instant Pot Lasagna
Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté and brown the ground beef, draining the grease when complete.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings.
Using a casserole dish or a 7-inch springform pan, layer ingredients: noodles broken up to fit the dish, ground beef, cottage cheese, sauce, Mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a 2nd layer and 3rd if desired.
Add 1 cup if water the Instant Pot. Put dish/pan on top of trivet and lower into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Cover with foil.
Turn pressure valve to sealing and set on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. When timer is up, perform a quick release of pressure.
Instant Pot Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 9 ounce package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté and brown the ground beef, draining the grease when complete.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Using a casserole dish or a 7-inch springform pan, layer ingredients: noodles broken up to fit the dish, ground beef, cottage cheese, sauce, Mozzarella cheese. Repeat with a 2nd layer and 3rd if desired.
- Add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot. Put dish/pan on top of trivet and lower into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Cover with foil.
- Turn pressure valve to sealing and set manual pressure on high for 8 minutes.
- Do a quick release when pressure cooking time has elapsed.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.