Many people find themselves stuck for time, but still wanting a healthy dinner to feed their family. This Instant Pot Whole Chicken is the perfect solution to your time crunch.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it is also a healthy alternative to eating out when you’re limited for time. Many times, especially on extracurricular nights, families find themselves either grabbing something quick while on the road. This whole chicken takes the fuss out of mealtimes, providing your family with a delicious and balanced meal in what seems like an instant.
A complete meal done in the instant pot is a time saver and this recipe is just that. It saves you time, and provides a full meal all at once, without the fuss. Filled with potatoes, carrots, onions and chicken, this amazing recipe is sure to please the entire family, leaving them full and satisfied.
How to Make Instant Pot Whole Chicken
This delicious whole chicken done in the instant pot is a delicious meal, perfect for the entire family. All you require to pull this off is a few simple ingredients, a little bit of time and an instant pot.
One quick side note: don’t be fooled by the chicken being a little ugly right out of the pot! The skin crisps up in 2 minutes in the oven!
- It is important that you rub the outside of the whole chicken with olive oil. This will help the skin to become more flavorful.
- Once you have coated the chicken in olive oil, use Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to add some flavor to the skin.
- To begin cooking, you will want to add a layer of the chopped vegetables and water to the bottom of the instant pot before adding in the chicken. This will stop the chicken from being in direct contact with the bottom of the pot. Once the vegetables have been added, place the chicken on top.
- Once everything is in the instant pot, pour the wine over the top of the ingredients and secure the lid.
- Use the manual setting to cook the ingredients and set on high. Set the timer to 25 Minutes.
- Once cooked, allow the natural release to take place for 10 minutes. Doing this allows the chicken to rest. After 10 minutes, perform a quick release until the steam has dissipated.
- If you want your chicken’s skin to be crispy, turn your oven to broil and place it in the oven for 2 minutes.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water or broth
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 10 cloves garlic
- 3-4 potatoes chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- Rub the outside of the chicken with olive oil, and then season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the chopped vegetables and water in the bottom of the instant pot and place the chicken over top.
- Pour the wine over the chicken and secure the lid.
- Select the manual setting, set to high, and increase time to 25 minutes.
- Natural release for 10 minutes to let the chicken rest and then quick release until steam is complete.
- Set the oven to broil and place the chicken under the broiler for 2 minutes to crisp up the skin.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.