When it comes to desserts, the same old same old gets boring. These Ritz Cracker Turtles are an amazing addition to your treat time repertoire. Especially if you find yourself bored with traditional desserts and treats.
This recipe is a delicious twist on a classic treat, leaving everyone eating them satisfied. When it comes to creative and tasty treats, these are the perfect choice. Not only can these Ritz cracker turtles be made quickly and easily but they are also an amazing snack to bring to parties or serve when entertaining.
If you love a delicious crunch combined with chocolate and pecans, this dessert is sure to please. Not only do the crackers add a yummy bite to this recipe but the velvety chocolate pairs perfectly with them, leaving you feeling happy and fulfilled. You may have a hard time putting these down, because it is almost impossible to have just one.
How to Make Ritz Cracker Turtles
These delicious treats are not only a great way to switch up your desserts, but they are also extremely easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a whole lot of love.
- When making this recipe, you are going to want to use 40 Ritz Crackers. These crackers can be found at your local grocery store rather easily. While you can use other types of crackers to make this recipe, we find that Ritz provide the best flavor and crunch.
- One of the best parts of this recipe is the chocolaty center. This is created using 20 Rolo chocolates. Again, you can choose to use a different kind of chocolate, but the Rolos are preferred as they are the perfect size to fit on the crackers.
- Start by preheating your oven to 300 degrees.
- Place only half of the Ritz crackers on a baking tray and top them with the Rolos. These should then be baked for 3 minutes. Just long enough to melt the chocolate.
- When you remove the open-faced crackers from the oven, you will have to move quickly. Sandwich the remaining crackers over top of the melted chocolate and push down to secure them.
- Next you will want to use the chocolate chips, carefully placing them on top of the sandwich. You will require approximately 8 chocolate chips per sandwich.
- Place the sandwiches back in the 300-degree oven and bake for no longer than 1 minute or until the chocolate chips are soft but not fully melted.
- Once removed from the oven, push 1-2 pecans into the soft chocolate chips and let cool.
Do I Have to Use Pecans for Ritz Cracker Turtles?
When it comes to creating this delicious dessert, the pecans are what deliver a delicious punch and crunch. If you don’t want to use pecans, you can opt for a different type of nut to top them or omit the nuts all together. They are still delicious either way.
These Ritz Cracker Turtles are an amazing addition to your treat time repertoire. Especially if you find yourself bored with traditional desserts and treats.
- 40 Ritz crackers
- 20 Rolos
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Place 20 Ritz crackers on a baking sheet with a Rolo on each.
Bake for 3 minutes.
When removed from the oven, immediately push another cracker onto each Rolo, creating a little sandwich.
Place about 8 chocolate chips on each sandwich.
Bake for 1 minute or until chocolate chips are soft.
Push a couple pecans on top of each sandwich.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.