Fall is in the air here in upstate New York which means it finally apple picking season! Apple picking is one of my family’s absolute favorite things to do together. We usually go out and spend hours just wondering around the orchard. One of the best things about coming home with way to many apples is I finally get to make homemade applesauce!
Trust me, once you have had homemade apple sauce you will never want to buy it in the store again. Not only does making you own applesauce save you money (which you know I am all about!), it also makes your house smell AMAZING! Plus it takes almost no work at all and is completely adaptable to any taste. Sometimes I like to throw in some strawberries or raisins and walnuts, but the possibilities really are endless!
My husband and son love this so much I usually make double the recipe just to get a bowl!
Simple 3 Ingredient Apple Sauce
- 6 medium apples
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Sugar Can be adjusted based on taste and style of apple you choose
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract Optional
- Peel, core, and cut apples into chunks.
- Place apples, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla into crockpot.
- Cover crockpot, and cook on low for 4 hours, or until apples are soft.
- Once apples are soft, remove from crockpot and mash with a hand masher (for a smoother texture use a hand mixer.