Spring is a time of renewal. New flowers grow, trees sprout their leaves, and critters come out of hibernation. When it comes to fashion, the colors and patterns of spring provide a breath of fresh air as well.
Fashion designers would have us believe that we need a whole new walk in wardrobe Perth when each season rolls around, and this is especially true for spring. But new wardrobes don’t come cheap. Lucky for the fashion-conscious person on a budget, you can update your wardrobe without parting with a truckload of cash. Here’s how.
* Limit yourself to one or two trendy pieces. Trends come and go quickly, and those items that are so hot this spring will likely look passé a year from now. It might feel good to be on the cutting edge of fashion, but it’s not good for your bank account. You can keep your inner trendsetter happy by getting a couple of trendy items and pairing them with something more classic.
* Spend the majority of your budget on timeless pieces. The little black dress always provides a great versatile look, so you don’t have to feel guilty about buying one. Other staples include slim skirts in neutral colors and boot cut jeans.
* Accessorize. If you already have a good wardrobe with all the basics, accessories can give your existing clothes a fresh new look. Watch the runways and magazines for the hottest new accessories, and then try to find them cheaper. You’ll look stylish without having spent much money at all.
* Hit the second-hand stores. Used clothing isn’t the first thing that comes to mind when we’re seeking the latest fashions, but you’d be surprised at how much those “new” styles and styles of the past have in common. In fact, the latest trend is often nothing more than a trend from a decade or two ago recycled.
* Sew your own clothes. You can find patterns for stylish shirts, pants, skirts and dresses at any sewing shop or craft store, or online. Find a great fabric to use, and start sewing. You’ll have supremely stylish clothing at a fraction of the price you’d pay for it off the rack.
* Shop for clothing online. Check eBay for specific pieces you’re looking for, and you might find them used (or even brand new at a significant discount). Use comparison shopping engines to compare prices and save. And check sites such as Etsy for handmade styles at reasonable prices.
Stylish clothing isn’t only for the well-to-do. Those who have to watch their spending can dress for success if they shop wisely. Try some of these techniques and build up your spring wardrobe without demolishing your finances!