Even dogs need a bit (or bite) of Christmas cheer and these Cranberry, Lentil & Oat Christmas Dog Treat fit the bill wonderfully.Freshly baked with premium, human-grade ingredients, these fancy, cookie-shaped Christmas dog treats are just what your favorite, tail-waggin’ “elf” deserves!
If you have a dog lovers in your life consider making an extra batch or two. This yummy snack makes the perfect stocking stuffer for your canine loved one and can be awesome to give away as (CHEAP AND EASY) gifts!
These treats are much healthier then traditional store bought. Cranberries have lots of antioxidants, and the lentils are packed with tons of flavor and fiber. Plus, the combination of the cranberries and celery provide the red and green which is so indicative of the season!
These Cranberries, Lentils and Oats Christmas Dog Treats are super easy to make and take no real effort at all! Even your youngest kids can help out. With just an hour of your hectic holiday schedule, you will have a fun, cute, cheap way to say “Merry Christmas!” to the dogs!
Cranberries, Lentils and Oats Christmas Dog Treats
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup of lentils prepared following package directions and drained
- 1/2 fresh cranberries chopped
- 1/3 cup celery diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, chicken stock, oats, cooked lentils, cranberries, celery and egg in a large bowl, Mix well with fingers. If the mixture is too dry, add chicken stock.
- On a floured surface use a rolling pin to roll out dough to 1/2" thickness.
- Cut out shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool. Store in zip-lock bags in a refrigerator.