All it takes is 15 minutes and two ingredients that you probably already have around the house to make Kool-Aid Lip Balm! This is a fun project that doubles as an even cooler gift!
Recently I saw a Facebook view that was showing how to make your own lip balm using crayons. Crayons?! Even though they were using a non-toxic brand, I was still a little taken back by the idea. I tend to lick my lips a lot (something to do with winter), and do not like the idea of some of crayon ending up in my mouth. I know it was aimed more at children, but I am still a little taken back by the idea.
I recently made DIY Burt’s Bees Peppermint Lip Balm which wasn’t really that big of a hit with my son. He just does not like anything mint flavored in the slightest. I can’t quite wrap my mind around I because I love anything to do with any kind of mint (peppermint, wintergreen, you name it). So, I have had my eyes open for an alternative and this is what I came up with. Kool-Aid!!
Kids love Kool-Aid! Moms on the other hand, not so much. It’s sugary, it stains, it leaves sticky spots in places that you don’t find until the ants start a new colony. But, what if you were to take said Kool-Aid with it’s staining ability and turn it into lip balm?!
You get to kill two birds with one stone! You get to get rid of that annoying Kool-Aid while still keeping your kids happy! So if you have 15 minutes and a few restless kids, round them up and give this a try!
DIY Kool-Aid Lip Balm
DIY Kool-Aid Lip Balm
- Petroleum Jelly
- Kool-Aid Packets All different flavors
- Cosmetic Jars/Containers
- Add one Tablespoon of petroleum jelly to a microwavable safe bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until petroleum jelly is liquefied.
- Add 1 packet of Kool-Aid to the liquefied petroleum jelly and stir until it is pretty much dissolved. (It will not completely dissolve).
- Spoon mixture into a cosmetic jar/container. (You’ll have a little bit left in the bowl that did not dissolve, discard this).
- Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Then it’s ready to wear and look fabulous!!
Looking for another easy DIY project? Check out this Winter Bliss Body Scrub!