Rice is an amazing accompaniment to many different kinds of meals. Unfortunately, though, cooking rice properly can be time consuming and difficult. The good news? You can cook Perfect Long Grain Rice in an Instant Pot. That’s right. Rice in an Instant Pot.
White rice can be extremely fussy, even for the most seasoned of cooks. Finding that right balance between fluffy and over cooked can seem somewhat impossible. Enter the Instant Pot. This recipe guarantees that you will always have perfectly cooked, fluffy rice ready to serve as a side with your favorite recipes. Perfect long grain rice in an instant pot is the perfect accompaniment to your family meals.
In fact, if you want to change up the flavors of your rice, you can go ahead and add any herbs and spices you like to this recipe. Simply match the herbs and spices to the main dish you are cooking and in no time, you will have an amazing and delicious side dish for any meal.
How to Make Perfect Long Grain Rice in an Instant Pot
This rice recipe is bound to save your side dish dilemmas in an instant. All it takes is a little time and dedication
- For this recipe you are going to need 2 cups of long grain rice. If you want to substitute Jasmine or Basmati rice, that will also work, just make sure to rinse them before cooking.
- You are going to want to add water, chicken or vegetable broth to your instant pot. What you use is totally up to your preferences.
- Pour the rice and the water or broth into the Instant Pot and place the lid on top. Turn the valve to seal and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Allow the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure cooker to natural release for 15 minutes.
- After allowing the Instant Pot to natural release, set the valve to venting and allow it to release all extra pressure prior to opening.
- Carefully open the lid, tilting it away from your face.
- Using a fork, fluff the rice up and serve.
What do You Serve Long Grain Rice With?
Long grain rice is not only affordable, but it is also versatile, making it a pantry staple. Its neutral flavor allows it to be mixed into both sweet and savory dishes to make low cost yet filling meals.
- Stuffed peppers
- One pot meals
And so much more!
How to cook perfect Long Grain Rice in an Instant Pot
- 2 cups long grain rice*
- 21/4 cups of water or chicken or vegetable broth
- salt and or any additional herbs and spices you’d like to use
Pour the rice and water into the pressure cooker pot, place the lid on then turn the valve to Sealing then select Pressure Cooker, High and 3 minutes. Allow the machine to come to pressure (mine took almost 8 minutes).
Once the cooking timer goes off leave the pressure cooker to natural release for 15 minutes. After this time set the valve to Venting and allow it to release any extra pressure before opening. Carefully open whilst tilting the lid away from your face. Use a fork to fluff the rice. Now you’re ready to use as desired. Enjoy!
- This recipe uses standard white long grain rice but either Jasmine or Basmati rice may also be used, both are long grain rice types. If using either of these you may rinse them before cooking to remove excess starch.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.