Perfect for lunch or dinner, this Instant Pot Beet Soup will change the course of meal times for you. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, it is perfect for anytime of the year.
Interestingly enough, this soup is a vegan take on a Nordic classic and not only is it delicious it is really healthy. Beets are rich in vitamin C and fiber to keep your digestion moving providing your family with a nutritious meal. In fact, while the dill is optional in this instant pot beet soup, it is really a delicious addition to this soup, and full of iron, calcium, and more, giving you a fortifying boost.
This soup can be served either hot or cold which is great news because it’s so versatile. No matter what temperature you serve it at or what meal you choose to dish this out, everyone will love it.
How to Make Instant Pot Beet Soup
This soup recipe is a great addition to your weekly meal rotation. All it takes is a few simple ingredients, a little prep and a tiny bit of time.
- To make this recipe use 8 medium sized beets. Make sure to peel them properly and chop them up.
- This soup usually needs 5 cloves are garlic, it is the perfect amount of flavor. Make sure to smash the cloves of garlic.
- When you make this recipe, you can either use 6 cups of water or vegetable broth. It’s totally up to you and your taste preferences.
- Make sure to prepare all the ingredients and vegetables prior to starting the recipe.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil.
- Once the oil has heated up, add the onions and the beets, stirring occasionally. Continue cooking until the onions are see through or translucent, this usually takes 2-3 minutes.
- Once the onions have cooked, add in the garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Turn off the sauté setting and add in the water or broth and salt and pepper.
- Secure the lid of the instant pot and cook on the soup setting for 20 minutes.
- All the instant pot to perform a natural relief.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If you don’t happen to have an immersion blender, you can wait until the soup has cooled down and use a regular blender.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Serve with a splash of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of fresh dill.
How do you Peel Beets for Instant Pot Beet Soup?
When making beet soup, you are going to want to ensure that the beets are raw. It can be a messy job to peel raw beets so properly preparing your work surface is important. Cover you work area with plastic wrap or waxed paper before you begin. In fact, beets can stain your skin, so it is also a good idea to wear disposable gloves. If you accidentally stain your skin, use half a lemon to rub the stains off. Peeling raw beets is as simple as peeling potatoes. Simply use a peeler to remove the skin.
Instant Pot Beet Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 onion minced
- 8 medium-sized beets peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- 6 cups water or broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Dill optional, to taste
Prepare all vegetables and ingredients before starting recipe.
Set IP to saute and add the oil.
Once the oil is hot, add the onion and beets. Stir occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
Turn off the saute setting and add in broth and salt and pepper seasoning.
Secure IP lid and cook on soup setting for 20 minutes.
Natural release then either use an immersion blender to puree soup, or wait until it has cooled and use a blender.
Taste and adjust seasoning - adding in lemon and dill, if desired - before serving.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.