Delicious and healthy, this Instant Pot Carrot Soup will change the way you think about soup forever. Not only is easy to make and delicious, it is great for anytime of the year.
This soup is not only fantastically tasty, but it is also a great addition to your meal rotation. The best part? It’s healthy too. Not only will the entire family enjoy the delicious flavor, but they will reap several different health benefits without even knowing it. This Instant Pot Carrot Soup is full of delicious, healthy ingredients that are packed full of vitamins and nutrients. It is perfect for any meal, at any time of the day.
Perfect for anytime of year and any meal of the day, this soup is done quickly in the instant pot and served hot for your family to enjoy. No need to fuss around in the kitchen to make dinner when you can use this fabulous recipe for your family.
How to Make Instant Pot Carrot Soup
This soup recipe is a great addition to your weekly meal rotation. All it takes is a little preparation, a few ingredients and a whole lot of love.
- Make sure that all the ingredients and vegetables are prepared prior to beginning the cooking process. This guarantees that you don’t forget anything, or accidentally skip a step.
- To make this recipe, you are going to want to use 6-7 carrots. This amounts to approximately 3 cups once peeled and chopped.
- This recipe calls for 3 cloves of garlic, sliced and one tablespoon of ginger, minced. This adds the perfect flavour and contrast to your soup.
- You are going to need broth of some kind for this recipe. The choice is entirely up to you. We find that vegetable broth has worked best for us, but again, it’s up to your flavour preferences.
- When it comes time to start cooking, set the instant pot to sauté and add the oil.
- Once the oil heats up, add in the carrots first, allowing to cook a little bit before adding in the onions. Place the onions in the pot and stir, cooking until see through This takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and the ginger, stirring to combine for one minute.
- Turn off the sauté setting on the Instant pot and add in the broth and seasonings.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and cook on the soup setting for 15 minutes.
- Perform natural release on the instant pot.
- Once cooked, you can use an immersion blender to puree it. If you don’t have your own immersion blender, you can use a regular one, but you are going to have to wait until it cools.
- Taste and adjust your seasonings before you serve.
Is Carrot Soup Healthy for You?
Carrot soup is a very healthy meal to serve your family. Not only is it packed with vitamins and minerals, if you use low sodium broth, it can be a well balanced soup.
Instant Pot Carrot Soup Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 cups carrots chopped (approximately 6-7)
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 Tablespoon ginger minced
- 2 cups broth of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tumeric optional
Prepare all vegetables and ingredients before starting recipe.
Set IP to saute and add the oil.
Once the oil is hot, add the onion and carrots. Stir occasionally, until onions are translucent. (Can cook the carrots for a few minutes on their own before adding the onions.) About 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger, and stir for one minute.
Turn off the saute setting and add in broth and seasoning.
Secure IP lid and cook on soup setting for 15 minutes.
Natural release then either use an immersion blender to puree soup, or wait until it has cooled and use a blender.
Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.