It is inevitable, dinner time comes at least once a day. Sometimes though, figuring out what to make can become a bit of a burden day after day. This Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken will help to take the fuss out of mealtimes in a delicious way.
This yummy dinner recipe is perfect for those busy nights after a full day of work. You know, the ones crammed full of extracurriculars when you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off. This is where this Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken comes in. It can be made rather quickly in your instant pot without much fuss.
The chicken is moist, the sauce is extremely creamy, and it is perfect served alone with a side salad, over egg noodles or for a lighter option, zucchini noodles, also known as zoodles. Your entire family will gobble this up every time you make it.
How to Make Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken
This recipe doesn’t take much time to throw together, because it is made in the Instant pot. It is a delicious weeknight meal that is done in what seems like no time.
- Before you get started, you will want to set your pressure cooker to sauté mode and heat it until it becomes hot.
- Mix together your Italian seasoning blend and crushed red pepper flakes and stir them into the chicken.
- Once your pressure cooker liner is hot, add your olive oil and chicken in small batches. You want to brown the chicken on both sides.
- Once your chicken has browned, remove it from the instant pot and set it aside. Make sure to keep it warm.
- Pour your chicken broth into your pressure cooker. In this step you will want to scrape the bottom with a flat edged spoon to remove the little bits of chicken.
- Add the chicken and the garlic to the pressure cooker at the same time.
- Close and set the valve to sealing on your instant pot and set it to manual or pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Perform a natural release for 5 minutes and then turn it to quick release.
- Stir in your Parmesan cheese and cream. Allow this mixture to cook until it thickens to the consistency you desire.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
What Can I Serve with This Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken?
This recipe is pretty versatile. It can be served over top of zucchini noodles, egg noodles, or even on its own. If you choose to serve it up on its own, it pairs well with a simple side salad, a nice loaf of crusty bread or even some steamed asparagus.
Instant Pot Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 pounds chicken breast cubed
- ¼ cup olive oil divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Set Instant Pot to saute and heat until “hot.”
- Mix together the dried seasonings and stir into chicken.
- Into the hot Instant Pot liner, add olive oil and chicken in small batches to brown on both sides. Set aside and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth into pressure cooker and scrape the bottom with a flat edge spoon.
- Add the chicken and garlic to pressure cooker.
- Close and set the valve to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to manual or pressure cook for 3 minutes. Naturally release pressure for 5 minutes before a quick release.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and cream, allowing to cook until it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Serve alone or over zoodles.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.