There are so many fun and fabulous things that can be made in your Instant Pot. That is part of the reason why I love them so much. This year, I decided to try some Instant Pot Gingerbread and I am so glad I did.
This recipe is beyond spectacular and festive. Perfect for your next holiday get together or potluck, this delicious cake is sure to impress. This Instant Pot Gingerbread provides all the flavors you know and love in a delicious and moist Bundt cake. The holidays are just not complete without the amazing flavors of Gingerbread.
The way this smells when it is cooking in the Instant Pot is beyond intoxicating. Delicious, aromatic and done in what seems like no time, this dessert is great no matter the reason for making it. This cake is moist, spicy and overall intoxicating. You are going to want to make this often.
How to Make Instant Pot Gingerbread
This recipe uses only a few simple ingredients and is done in what seems like no time. Save your time this holiday by making this delicious dessert for get togethers, parties and celebrations. It will be a new holiday tradition you won’t be able to wait to participate in each year.
- This recipe calls for dark brown sugar. You will want to make sure you do not substitute this as it is what provides this cake’s rich, deep flavor.
- Grease and flour your 6 cup bundt cake pan.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer or a stand mixer to beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in your molasses to the mixture and stir until very well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract into the mixture and stir it well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until completely combined. I like to do this by mixing ½ a cup of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until fully combined.
- Stir in your boiling water until your ingredients are well combined and smooth. Pour the mixture into your Bundt cake pan and smooth it out so the batter is level.
- Loosely cover your pan with a piece of paper towel and then a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place trivet into your instant pot and add 1.5 cups of water. Place you cake pan on the trivet.
- Close your lid and set it to the sealing position. Cook at manual high pressure for an hour. If you have a newer instant pot mode, you will need to set it to pressure cook.
- When the timer is up, allow for a 10-minute natural pressure release. Allow cake to cool in a pan.
- Once the cake has cooled, you can top it with the glaze if desired.
Why Make Instant Pot Gingerbread?
Making gingerbread in your instant pot is a great way to bring the flavors of the season without the fuss. This recipe is perfect for your next gathering, potluck or party.
Instant Pot Gingerbread Recipe
Instant Pot Gingerbread
- Instant Pot
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk or half-and-half
- Grease and flour a 6 cup bundt pan.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat until creamy.
- Add molasses and continue to stir until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to the mixture and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet until completely combined. I like to do this by mixing a ½ cup of dry ingredients to the wet at a time.
- Stir in boiling water until ingredients are smooth and well-combined. Pour mixture into bundt pan and smooth it out so batter is level.
- Loosely cover the pan with a piece of paper towel and then a piece of aluminum foil.
- Place trivet into the Instant Pot and add 1.5 cups of water. Place cake pan on Trivet.
- Close lid and set to the sealing position. Cook at manual high pressure for 60 minutes. If you have a newer Instant Pot model you will need to push the pressure cook button.
- When the timer is up allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release. Allow cake to cool in pan.
- When cake is cool, top with optional glaze.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.