Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread is the perfect addition to any morning! Not to sweet, and packed with tons of flavor, this bread will help you and your family get the morning started the right way!
I am not a huge fan of waking up early, but with two young children, it’s just inevitable in my house. While I do hate scraping myself out of bed at the crack of dawn, I do love waking up to Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread. I love being able to grab a hunk and a cup of coffee!
This Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread really takes the stress out of breakfast, especially on Saturday’s when my kiddo has an early morning soccer practice. We used to just stop at Dunkin’ Donuts in the morning before practice, but that really gets expensive! This way, we all get to have a special treat (for me that means not having to slave away over the stove and dirty every dish in the house), and can still make it to practice on time.
It’s important to mention this bread is not exactly like a muffin because it’s not quite as sweet. I like to add less sugar because I feel like it’s really not needed with all the other natural sweetness of the fruit. You can always choose to bump it up without changing the recipe or cook time, but for me, I try to use as little sugar as I can get away with.
Another great thing about this bread is it’s very versatile! If you don’t like orange and want to change it to lemon, or want to use raspberries instead of blueberries, you could totally do! Just use this recipe as a base and let your imagination do the work! You can even use frozen fruit in place of the fresh fruit.
A few great flavor combination ideas:
- Lemon & Blueberry
- Raspberry & Lemon
- Cherry & Lemon
- Apple and Cinnamon
- Pineapple & Blueberry
When you read through this recipe, you might think it’s a little labor intensive, but I promise it’s worth it. I usually make it the night before and just leave it covered on the counter for the morning.
Treat yourself and your family to a little something out of the ordinary this weekend and make this Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread! It will be such a nice surprise and you won’t have to worry about taking care of breakfast or brunch (if your one of the lucky ones that gets to sleep in)!
Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread
Instant Pot Orange Blueberry Muffin Bread
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 small orange zested
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
Optional Orange Glaze
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Grease and flour a 6-cup bundt pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tbsp of flour tablespoons for later.
- Add zest, sugar, and butter to a mixer and beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides when needed. Then add egg and vanilla to mixer and combine.
- Add 1 cup of the flour mixture, milk, and lemon juice to the sugar mixture. Mix completely before adding another cup. Continue on until everything is mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, lightly toss the blueberries with reserved flour. Then, gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in Instant Pot and place in the trivet. Pour batter into your greased and floured bundt pan then cover with paper towel and tin foil.
- Turn Instant Pot on to manual high pressure (the pressure cook button for newer models) for 50 minutes.
- Once cooking time is up, allow for a 20 minute natural release. Uncover cake and allow condensation to evaporate before transferring to a serving dish.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Mix the orange juice powdered sugar in a small bowl then pour over cake.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.