Soup can be such a hearty and delicious meal, especially when it is cold outside. This Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup is sure to become one of your new favorite comfort foods.
This recipe is delicious, creamy, and hearty. You will not find yourself left hungry after this delicious meal. Not only is this soup filling but it is so comforting and satisfying that you will find yourself wanting to make it again and again. Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup isn’t just delicious, it is a treat for any night of the week.
Packed full of vegetables this soup is filling, well rounded meal. The white beans add a delicious flavor when combined with the Italian sausage and you are sure to enjoy every single delectable bite. Adding the heavy cream gives this soup the right creaminess to make it feel sinful.
How to Make Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup
This soup is not complicated to put together and it is done rather quickly in the Instant Pot. Perfect for quick family dinners any night of the week, you are sure to want to make this again and again.
- To make this delicious recipe you are going to want to prepare your sausage and vegetables first.
- Start by removing the casings from your Italian Sausage. This will make it crumbly and delicious.
- Chop your garlic, carrots, onions and celery and drain and rinse your white beans.
- Heat your Instant Pot using the Saute-High function and add the Italian Sausage. Cook your sausage until it is browned. This usually takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the sausage from your Instant Pot using a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic, carrots, onions and celery to the pot and cook until the vegetables have softened. This step usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Add the Italian sausage back into your Instant pot, followed by your white beans, chicken stock and Italian seasonings. Season with salt and pepper.
- Attack your lid to your Instant and ensure the valve is in the sealing position. Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer finishes, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the venting position.
- Add in your Kale and Heavy cream. Stir well to combine and allow the kale to wilt. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Are There Substitutions I can Make for This Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup?
There are a few things you can change about this recipe if you so desire. If you want to use a different kind of sausage, you can. Choose whatever kind is your favorite. If you prefer to use a meat substitute in this soup, you absolutely can. Make sure that you use cream in this recipe though, milk will cause the soup to become too thin.
Instant Pot Sausage and White Bean Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Italian Sausage and White Bean Soup
- 1 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 3 cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 2 cups fresh kale
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-High function on the Instant Pot. Add the Italian sausage and cook until browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon. Add the garlic, carrots, onion, and celery. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Next, add the Italian sausage back to the Instant Pot followed by the white beans, chicken stock, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Attach the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the “sealing” position. Set the timer for 5 minutes. When the timer finishes, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting position”.
- Add the kale and heavy cream. Stir and allow the kale to wilt— about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I prefer using a sweet onion in this recipe but any kind will work.
Make sure to use cream-- milk can cause the soup to thin.
Did you like this recipe? Do you love to save time and money? Sign up for my newsletter and get time and money-saving tips delivered straight to your inbox, along with recipes like this one.
Don’t worry, I hate spam too so I’ll never share your information and I won’t flood your inbox with junk. Plus, when you sign up, you’ll get a free copy of my meal planning printable.