Freshen up your 4th of July table with these super cute and easy to make vases! These 4th of July Star Jars are not only an easy kid friendly craft but a great way to add a patriotic flair to a vase of flowers (or tea light jars) for your next July 4th party!
What you’ll need:
- (3) any color mason jars. I found these blue one’s at my local Target but, you can also find a nice color selection at your local craft store
- Frosted glass spray paint.
- Raffia (found in the floral section at Walmart)
- Foam star stickers (you will need a few sheets).
- Wash and dry your jars. Make sure they are completely dry or you will end up with spots like mine when the spray paint drys!
- Follow the directions on the spray pain and paint the mason jars outside. I left the lids on mine because it was easier to grip and turn them. This is still paint and you WILL leave fingerprints if you touch it. I only did one coat on these jars but, if you would like to do more than one just make sure the first coat is completely dry first or they will look runny.
- After the jars are dry, apply the foam stickers in no particular pattern (or have little hands help you). The best part about these jars is they are completely fool proof and can not be messed up!
- Lay out a small amount of raffia into a line so it will be easier to tie around the jar.
- Wrap the raffia around the lip of the jar and tie into a bow. This stuff is pretty tough so don’t worry about pulling it to hard.
- Trim the edges of the bow.
- Add you beautiful flowers (or tealights) and enjoy! I really love the way these White Dendrobium Orchids fill the jars. They are just so petty! They can be hard to find in your local florist but, you can always find them on Pro Flowers!