Okay so I can never make cheesecake correctly!!! My cheesecake is always falling in the middle or is over/undercooked. This recipe has made a cheesecake lover out of even my two year old. I gave him a little piece after we had dinner tonight and he went crazy. He cried until I gave him more (notice the two pieces cut out above). If you have cheesecake issues or just want a delicious NY style cheesecake I’m telling you this is your recipe. Its super simple to follow but its really critical that you leave this in the oven and do not open the door until the next morning or it will develop the fallen center (BELIVE ME).
- 15 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.